Have you ever wondered How Big do Box Jellyfish Get? The size of box jelly fish can get quite large when compared to humans. We have gathered information about the size of jelly fish and some pictures so that you can have a clear idea about how big do box jellyfish get.
How Big do Box Jellyfish Get
- An adult jelly fish that has fully grown can get amazingly bigger than us when we measure it including its tentacles.
- Each side of the box shape head can get up to 20 cm bigger which equals up to 7.9 inches.
- The diameter of the cube shape head can grow up to 30 cm which equal up to 12 inches.
- The tentacles are much larger in size than the head and can grow up to 9.8 feet in length which equals up to 3 meter.
- So with 15 tentacles at each corner of the box shape head the box jelly fish can become very huge when compared to a human being.
- On the other hand the weight of the box jellyfish can reach only a maximum of 2 kg which equal to 4.4 pounds.
Box Jellyfish Size Compared to Human
More Box Jellyfish Size Pictures